Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Karma from 9/11 forever

My life seems inextricably entwined with the events of 9/11/2001. My second wedding anniversary left the country at war with an invisible enemy, my wife's friend of 10 years dead (on the 96th floor of the North Tower) along with a former co-worker of mine (a passenger on Flight 11), and the country in shock, disbelieving and pissed. For years, I've been getting the expected tsk-tsks from people who learn that 9/11 is my wedding anniversary, but today just adds yet another thread to the whole web.

Zacarias Moussaoui's trial for his involvement in the 9/11 attacks commenced today. The burden of proof? The prosecution must prove that his silence directly lead to the American intelligence and law enforcement community being unable to prevent the attacks. As any student of logic will tell you how hard it is to prove a negative, will anyone be surprised when Moussaoui is acquitted?

My youngest daughter turned five today. Posted by Picasa

No comments: