Thursday, March 19, 2009

Strike two

I'm not going to go into the details when Google is available, but Jay Severin's behavior on the 10th Annual Kiss Me I'm Imus show on Tuesday morning was strike two.  His behavior since through his agent means that I'm no longer going to go out of my way to listen to his show.

Maybe I missed it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't called Kiss Me I'm Severin.

I just want to make sure I have the details right.  You appear on his show for the better part of ten years, knowing full well what a cantankerous bastard he is, and then write a formal letter to him requesting that you are no longer invited on to the show when your feelings are hurt on a few appearances.

Okay.

Then, in the days leading up to the Kiss Me I'm Imus show, you go on the record that you won't go on the show unless invited.  I have no direct knowledge about whether or not you got an invite, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you didn't.

Okay.

Then on the day of the Kiss Me I'm Imus show, you have the temerity to go up on stage to interrupt Imus to do what?  Wish him well with his cancer?

After all your talk over the years about how tough you are, about how many bar fights you've won, you sure looked like a scared little girl running off that stage.

I'll be looking for the next radio ratings numbers to come out to see how you're doing.  If you do go down, it'll be interesting to see if you change your tune.

Sent from my G1...

No comments: